Protecting Your Privacy
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We also maintain our own equipment which is located in a secure facility that features controlled access and preventive security measures.
We have also encrypted network traffic between our equipment and yours with a 2048-bit secure socket layer certificate issued by a major authority. This theoretically provides basic protection from eavesdropping and other forms of surveillance. Unfortunately, we cannot provide secure connections to our search service. You may receive a notice that you are leaving a secure website when accessing the search.positiveaction.net sub-domain.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Information You Provide
Information We Collect
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a user’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the user’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Positive Action, Inc. uses two types of cookies:
Google Analytics & Adwords
- URLs that refer users to the Site
- dates and times of visits to the Site
- information on actions taken on the Site, such as page views and site navigation patterns
- a general geographic location (such as country and city) from which you access our Site
- search terms used to reach our Site
- register you for membership on the Site and manage and maintain your account on the Site
- provide products or services you request
- confirm, deliver and track your purchases (including by arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- maintain a record of the purchases you make on the Site
- respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- communicate with you about our products, services and offers
- operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- analyze trends and statistics regarding users’ use of the Site and purchases users make on the Site
- protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and enforce our Terms of Service and other policies
An IP address is a network parameter used to facilitate communication between server and users.
Each server logs the time and the IP address used to access the site. This data is used to prevent unauthorized access. We retain server logs for 30 days.
We explicitly instruct Google to obfuscate IP address information when they report user data to us.
If you use any form on the Site, your IP address will be logged. This data is used to prevent anauthorized access.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order)
- in response to a request by law enforcement authorities
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Positive Action, users of our Site, or others
We are planning to provide a separate version of the website for those visitors that do not wish to participate in Google analytics. Until that service is ready, you may opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google's Opt-out Browser Add-on. You may also adjust your ad preferences from Google.
Click here for more information about Google's Add-on.
Click here adjust your ad preferences with Google.